Wednesday 8 August 2012

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner

I needed a new liquid eyeliner. So I bought one! Yaayy! It was 3 for 2 on Maybelline at Boots, so I got this one. It's £5.99-ish in the online shopping results.


It's a felt-tippy-style brush, which I like because it minimises wobbly hand issues. It goes on deep black and it's pretty easy to make thin lines and thick ones because it has the ultra-fine 0.4mm (!) tip, so good for versatility. It doesn't claim to be waterproof or long-lasting (boo) but I can live without that.

You want to see how it coped with my Exciting Day Out today? Of course you do. I hope you like eyeballs, because there's a lot of pictures of them coming right up.

Hello, world.
Me, today. Other make up:

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation, 004 Light Porcelain
Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder, 003 Peach Glow
A splooge of YSL Touche Eclat. Not sure what shade. Might be 1? Might be 2.5? Je ne sais pas.
The white colour from a Bourjois Smoky Eyes eyeshadow trio, 05 Rose Vintage
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof black mascara
Tiny smudge of Bourjois pencil liner in 06 Violet Artiste on my lower lash line
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick, 160 Rose Passion

Yes, my hair is still wet. Don't judge me. I am anti-blow drying except in emergencies.

NO JUDGING!

So this is how it looked when I first put it on. This is about 10.30 am, before I went out:




A giant close up of my eye! It's soooooo artistic!
So far, so good. Here we are 6-ish hours later, after I got home:


Derp.
SO MANY EYES STARING BACK AT ME

It's seriously good. Barely a smudge, except that patch on the inside left, and that is where I rubbed it really hard because it was itchy, right before I remembered I had to take another picture.

Bonus: It did not rub up onto the top of my eyelid at all, which is something I am constantly battling with, so extra points for that.

Even better: Right now, over twelve hours after I put it on, it's still holding up pretty well. No pictures though, you don't need to see me right now, no you do not.

EXTRA SUPER BONUS: I squirted some water on my eyelids to simulate crying or being caught in a light rainstorm. Even rubbing it gently while it was soaking wet, it barely smudged at all. Certainly no dripping down face issues. Miracle liner.

Final Verdict: It's the first time I've tried it but so far it's hitting 8/10. -2 for coming off where I rubbed at it, but then I wouldn't really expect a non-waterproof eyeliner to stand up to dry-contact-lens-eye itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment