Wednesday 8 August 2012

Sunglass Slut, Episode 3: Double Action Minty Freshness

Today's sunglasses (there was actual sun to wear them in, yesss) are a pretty mint green colour. They are cuuute. Guess how much they cost me. Go on, guess. Say a number. Got a number? Okay. I'll tell you.



£1.

Yep, £1. No, they weren't even on sale. Thank you, Primark!

True story about these sunglasses:

So, I'm on holiday in Italy. I'm getting off a train at Pisa rail station. These sunglasses are sitting on top of my head. The train pulls off and suddenly... SLIP! BANG! They slide out of my hair and off the back of my head and fall down, down, down onto the train tracks, where they lie, forlorn and alone like a single piece of fruit on a tree in autumn.

It was a bit of a tragedy. I had to take a couple of minutes to compose myself and say goodbye.

But! Don't despair! This story has a happy ending!

Because when I got home I went right back to Primark and bought another pair, the pair that you see adorning my face today. Yayyyy! Sunglasses! My broken heart was healed.

SUNSHINE IN MY SOUL

No comments:

Post a Comment